June 26, 2015
After a vibrant and fun day outside, I can’t quite describe the enjoyment of taking an outdoor shower. The dirtier you are, the better the shower! If you have kids and/or a dog, it is well worth your investment!
Here are a few suggestions:
- Make sure that you install hot & cold water for your shower (yes, in cold areas you will need to remember to drain the pipes in the late fall).
- Create privacy – make sure that the walls go high and low enough to provide adequate privacy for those taking a shower. Don’t forget the lock either!
- Location, location, location – Try to place your shower using a few key components:
- Next to water supply.
- Where you can achieve privacy and access easily from the inside of the house.
- Consider how you can “camouflage” your outdoor shower from the rest of your backyard.
An outdoor shower is definitely a luxury but if you are already under construction, this is a great time to add such an amazing feature to your home. After all, there is nothing better than taking a shower and looking at the clouds floating by!
Here are some more ideas from Houzz.