Please join us on Thursday, December 3rd for a fabulous Holiday Trunk Show! The show will feature doTERRA essential oils and diffuser products made by Amy Ouellette as well as Martha Stolzer’s jewelry line, Spirit Rock Jewelry. This is the first trunk show for both of these unique, one-of-a-kind artists. Join us in supporting their work and buy yourself or a friend a thoughtful and meaningful gift.
amy dutton Home gift sets will also be available for purchase and, of course, give-aways, wine, and apps will be offered! Space is limited so please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a unique gift that is vibrant & alive AND keeps on giving long after the gift is received? We have 6 beautiful Amaryllis (4 white and 2 apple) plants with burlap pots ready for you to give as a gift. Priced $30-$38, these are a perfect gift of the season.
Our large Amaryllis bulbs are fabulous and foolproof bulbs with shapely blooms and rich, iridescent colors that will brighten up a winter day like nothing else. The carefully prepared bulbs require only warm temperatures, regular watering, and a little light to deliver a truly spectacular performance about 3-4 weeks from purchasing- right around the end of December!
For more information about plant care and how to get the Amaryllis to bloom again, here is more information. See you in the shop!
Enjoy your Black Friday Shopping at the big box stores today, but make sure to stop in at the amy dutton Home Shop tomorrow for Small Business Saturday! We will be open 10AM-6PM and have lots of exciting things happening:
- Kitchen Linens are 15% Off
- Gus* Furniture is 10% Off (Saturday Only!)
- “How to Decorate Your Home for the Holidays”- A class led by Amy will be held from 1-2:30PM. Get fresh and unique ideas for decorating your home!
- Drinks and treats will be served all day! Enjoy a treat as you start your Christmas shopping with us.
We hope to see you tomorrow! And remember, starting December 1st all Christmas decorations at the amy dutton Home Shop are 20% off!
Do you like to Shop? Come see us on national Small Business Saturday ~ 11.28.15, There is no doubt that the tradition of Black Friday shopping at the malls and big box stores is alive and well. Frankly, I suggest Target!
But on Saturday, please come visit us. We will have snacks and drinks all day as well as discounts on Christmas decorations and 20% off linens. (December marks 20% off all Christmas decorations. )
On Saturday, from 1-2:30pm, I will lead a class, “How to Decorate Your Home For The Holidays”. I’ll be going to the Boston Floral Exchange on Wednesday to make sure we have fresh greens and inspiring ideas for your home. Trust me, you can’t buy any of our ideas at Homegoods or Target. Remember to come visit us on Saturday and expect new, original and unique ideas.
See you then!
Do you have Thanksgiving on your mind? Food, festivities, family, friends – what could be better? Thanksgiving marks the official kick-off to the Holiday Season (we have been ignoring the Christmas commercials so far, right?). So here are a few suggestions as we move away from the Fall decorations and wholeheartedly into the Holiday decorations…
1. Pull all your fall decorations together and put them on the kitchen counter. If you don’t have any, this is a great time to buy them on sale. Now, at this point, your house should basically be cleaned up from the Fall decorations. Anything that you feel is “too much” or “old” either put in storage, recycle or toss.
2. Here are the essentials to a Thanksgiving Table:
- Linens: The amy dutton Home SHOP has them on SALE 15% off! From the bright stripes to the subtle linen, come in and get the best and unique linens for your table. (note: I’ll be in the shop on Saturday afternoon and I’m happy to help you).
- Glassware: The shop has etched glass, graphic glass and thick glass.
- Flatware: We have serving utensils and silverware that are unique and can be ordered.
- Dishes: From the fragile to the casual we have dinnerware to order or buy off the shelf. We also have serving dishes with amy dutton graphics and silver trays.
3. It’s time to “Dress Up” around the essentials…Go directly to Pinterest. I started a board to share with you. It took me about 15 minutes and as I went through the ideas, my concept for my Thanksgiving Table became much more defined. For example, I really like the organic, natural fibers and materials layered together. I also like the thought of using craft paper and writing lists of what we are thankful for. I will be combining those two concepts to make my own creative and unique table.
4. Know who your guests are. If you have a bunch of children, make it fun and provide crayons or something for them to play with. If you have elderly guest, be sure to add some antique pieces that will bring nostalgia back to them. Making people feel welcome and comfortable at the table is the key to a long and enjoyable meal together.
5. Start your own traditions. Sure, there are “trends” but it also feels like the table should be a reflection of where you are in you and your families lives at that very moment. Years ago, we established the tradition when we didn’t have Thanksgiving guests we would eat dinner in our new Christmas Pajamas. My kids are now 14, 17 and 21 and we don’t have any guests this year so we will eat dinner in their Christmas Pajamas and it will be casual and fun. Staying with the moment let’s you relax and enjoy the day.